The Whole World Is Waiting for Us to Break Up — Table of Contents



Novel Updates

The Whole World Is Waiting for Us to Break Up

全世界都在等我们分手

Bushi Fengdong

不是风动


Lin Shuicheng was born with good looks. He had a red tear mole at the corner of his eye that was particularly tempting. 

The first time Fu Luoyin saw him, he brought him home without even asking his name.

Other people said that Second Young Master Fu had fallen in love at first sight, but only Fu Luoyin knew that the boy before him didn’t need a name, because he was fated to stay by his side as a mere substitute. 

Afterwards, he gradually realized that Lin Shuicheng had never asked his name, either.

(Once he knew the truth, the gong shed tears.)

Passerby 1: Are you sure that the research institute’s brilliant, outstanding, stunning top student who’s skilled in the boardroom and the kitchen should really be…your substitute? I recommend seeing an optometrist. 

Childhood Friend 2: What? He’s a substitute? That’s wonderful—if you don’t take him seriously, I will! Sister-in-Law, please take a look at me!

Counselor 3: Someone like you wants to sleep with my student? Hah. 

Father 4: Darling, we’re not worthy of him, so let him go. 

The cold, elite gong, who was a winner since birth and rich as a small country: “…”

#The whole world wants to cuckold me 
#Everyone’s persuading me to break up 
#Damn, he doesn’t even remember my birthday
#He actually spelled my name wrong
#He doesn’t love me!

***

Kittenish, gorgeous, cold, top-student shou x cool, restrained, alpha, research-institute-director gong

This is a relaxing practice novel, with double substitutes. The gong and shou both have history with their ex-boyfriends. The gong chases his wife all the way to the crematorium. In the later parts, the text leans to mutual character growth and redemption. HE. 

The setting is whatever. It’s modern, and same-sex partners can marry. 

The author is a poor student, and she relied on research, listening to friends’ pop science, and pure imagination to write the academic portions of the text. The novel can’t stand up to deep interrogation, so there’s no need to take it too seriously. 

Warning: The gong is possessive and controlling, so be careful not to get too invested in ships outside the official pairing, thank you. This is a relaxing novel where I write about a CP for the fun of it, and the gong and shou are both my babies. I’ll delete comments that go too far, and I don’t accept guidance on my writing.  

Content tags: wealthy families, interstellar, upper-class drama

Search keywords: Main characters: Fu Luoyin, Lin Shuicheng. Side characters: haven’t thought of them yet. 

One-sentence summary: You go against me at every turn.

Moral: Trust in science and work hard. 

***

cela’s notes

30 minutes for 454 words, or 6.6 minutes for every 100 words. Not bad. 

If you appreciate this translation, please consider encouraging me on Ko-fi! 💛


Chapter 1

Comments