Entering a Split Personality — Chapter 94

Thank you to an anonymous reader for the support! 😊🌺🌸

***

Fan Shen’s ability had disappeared?

Xiao He was astonished, but his heart soon filled with intense happiness.

If so, did this mean that they could be together?

If so, would they no longer have any scruples?

If so, they...they…

He couldn’t think of anything better than this. All of his fear, worry and dread disappeared at this moment.

Xiao He couldn’t hold back anymore. He took a step forward, stood on his tiptoes and kissed Fan Shen.

Fan Shen was a little startled, but he soon dipped his head, caught Xiao He by the waist and deepened the kiss, adding to its passion.

This was their first real kiss.

They gave each other their first kiss.

They’d gone through a lot in the mental worlds, but in reality, all of this was new to them.

Xiao He’s heart opened, and he felt that this kiss was countless times better than what he’d imagined.

Fan Shen relaxed, feeling that this man was the salvation fate had granted him.

The only love...that belonged to him.

As they kissed, they grew a little aroused.

They’d never tasted physical pleasure, but they’d experienced it mentally many times.

They’d been separated and grieving for six months. After instantly shedding the load on their minds, they only wanted to get closer, even closer, until there wasn’t the slightest gap between them. 

Even so, Xiao He still had a little reason left in him. He knew they were at home, and it’d be too unreasonable if they just slept together in the living room.

He pulled Fan Shen into his bedroom, but as soon as he opened the door, his heart abruptly jumped.

This room...hid all of his feelings inside.

He’d...just revealed them to him without the slightest defense. 

Even in the grip of passion, Xiao He couldn’t help but feel a little embarrassed.

But when Fan Shen saw the room full of portraits, it was as if he’d been struck by lightning.

As if he'd found the key to a box and opened it up, countless fragments of memories scattered through his mind.

He remembered all of the memories that had been temporarily sealed. 

The beautiful memories that belonged to the two of them, Xiao He and him.

Fan Shen looked back at Xiao He with a gaze as intense as a blazing flame.

“Xiao He...I’m sorry for making you bear so much.”

His low voice was faintly rough from distress, and it even held a little bit of a sob.

Hearing Fan Shen’s voice like this, Xiao He broke down and cried.

He leaned against him, holding him tight, unable to control his emotions no matter what he did.

He cried too shamefully, uglily and unreasonably.

But once Xiao He thought of the life he’d lived for the past six months, desolate as ash, he broke down until he was beside himself.

These were tears of joy, but because the joy was too sudden, strong and unbelievable, he cried until he was hoarse.

Fan Shen held onto him, reluctant to let go in the slightest.

He kissed him and stroked him like a treasure he’d lost and then regained, one he cherished so much he couldn’t describe it in words.

Even without those memories, he’d love Xiao He all his life.

But at this moment, he’d recovered all of them.

Besides deep love, there was also intense heartache.

He felt heartache for Xiao He, his lover, who’d given so, so much for him.

Once their embrace ended, what happened afterwards came naturally.

But to be honest, it didn’t go as smoothly as he’d imagined.

This was Xiao He’s first time physically taking it. Fan Shen patiently opened him up for a long time, but in the end, he couldn’t hold back anymore, and his movements were a little rough. He did Xiao He until he cried.

Xiao He felt that he was really useless, but he couldn’t help it.

It was really terrible. After he woke up, he didn’t have the face to see Fan Shen.

But Fan Shen only had distress left in his eyes.

His Xiao He shouldn’t be so thin and wan.

It was all because of him, because of the harm he’d caused.

After the pain and guilt came a strong desire to make it up to him.

He had to give him the best of everything and dote on him all his life. He had to make him healthy, so he could spend the rest of his life with him.

“Xiao He...Xiao He…” He called his name softly. Fan Shen couldn’t control the speed at which his feelings kept flowing out from the bottom of his heart. “Thank you, thank you…”

“You don’t have to thank me.” Xiao He kissed him, saying softly, “I love you, Fan Shen.”

Fan Shen pressed his lips against his and quietly responded, “I love you, Xiao He.”

***

The consequence of indulging in lust was that he couldn’t get out of bed.

Fortunately, Xiao Rong had the foresight to come back secretly on her own and make some discreet inquiries first.

Before she’d even gone in the door, she'd heard her brother’s completely unsuppressed moans. She was a girl with no experience, after all, so caught off guard, she was so embarrassed that she closed the door and left again.

She’d wanted to wait until night to return, but she still hadn’t seen the two men come out. For fear of scaring her parents, Xiao Rong simply took the two of them out for a trip.

In any case, it was at public expense, so she might as well go, hmph! 

And when Xiao He woke up two days later and found out his parents had gone to Sanya, he could only sigh softly and tell Xiao Rong to be careful.

Xiao Rong muttered, “Brother, take it easy, be careful of getting kidney deficiency.”

Xiao He was completely dismayed, but he unexpectedly couldn’t refute her. In the end, he could only hang up.

Just then, Fan Shen came back.

Xiao He hurriedly hugged him and asked anxiously, “How did it go?”

Fan Shen’s tightly creased brows relaxed, not showing the slightest trace of depression. “Sure enough, it’s only quiet when I’m near you.”

Xiao He was a little disappointed… At first, he’d thought Fan Shen’s ability had disappeared. As it turned out, it hadn’t—it was only because he had been beside him.

 To be honest, this mind-reading ability was powerful, but its side effects were too violent. If Fan Shen lost it, Xiao He would be a hundred percent willing.

But now, it looked like it wouldn’t be that simple.

Fan Shen kissed his neck and said softly, “It’s alright, this way, we’ll never be able to part.”

Xiao He’s neck tickled from his kisses, and he couldn’t help but shrink it.

After a while, he heard Fan Shen’s low voice. “No, it’s me who can never leave you. Xiao He...you won’t leave me behind, right?”

The way he said the last sentence could be called pitiful.

His words made Xiao He’s heart unexpectedly tremble. He looked back at the man’s ocean-blue eyes and couldn’t resist asking, “What if I did leave?”

Fan Shen’s eyes abruptly darkened, and he said lowly against his lips, “Even to the ends of the earth, I’d have to take you back. I’m the only one who can ever be by your side.”

“Isn’t that fine then?” Xiao He kissed him back, his eyes filled with a smile.

—Fan Shen, I’m the only one who can ever be by your side too.

The End. 

***

banoffee: 1 hour and 37 minutes for 1,287 words, or 7.5 minutes for every 100 words. A decrease in rate by 0.1 minutes, and an improvement by 2.9 minutes from the beginning of this novel, but an increase in rate by a whole minute compared to where I was at the end of Runaway Guide...but then again, the first translator of Runaway Guide said it herself, that book was the simplest to translate but had the longest chapters. Guess it was a good book to start out on. 

I can’t believe it’s over. It's kind of amazing how much translating has changed this life. It took me a year to finish translating this book, and somewhere around 300 hours. The same ballpark as Runaway Guide... In that time, I filled 13 more pages of my notebook with vocabulary, learning 754 new words.


When I began translating, my goal was to be able to read all the wonderful Chinese novels out there without having to depend on translators, and I've reached that goal! I've read four novels in Chinese since May, and now I'm on my fifth one, Epiphanies of Rebirth. Of course, it's much slower than reading in English...I used to be able to read thousand-chapter novels in a single night, and now it takes me around a month to finish a novel πŸ˜…Still, though, finishing each one gives me such a feeling of accomplishment now that I leave a review every time. Not only that, but I speak Chinese semi-fluently at home now, and I'm about to start a job as a translator with the National Guard. I'd definitely recommend translating to anyone looking to learn Chinese in a fun way! 

Thank you all for your support and company along the way. I couldn't have done it without you! πŸ’›πŸ€—

If you like this translation, please consider encouraging me on Ko-fi!


Previous   |   ToC

Comments

  1. Hallelujah!
    Hi, hello! I've been waiting for this novel to finish translating since ch 60-something. I just finished reading my last story and was about to go hunting for a new book when I saw that ch 94 was updated. 😭😭😭

    Thank you! Imma go read the first chapter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've returned 33 hours later!
      This was beautiful. Thank you translator for giving so much love to this story! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

      Delete
  2. I read your end note and I wanted to say good job! That's amazing how far you've come 😭 and thank you for translating such a lovely story!!! You've worked hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I wish there were extras hehe.
    Yayyy on finishing the novel! I also want to do the same and translate a novel to learn to read and write chinese. I tried but it is much harder than it appears to be. So props to you for all that effort. Much appreciated! Gives me inspiration to continue learning chinese haha.
    And finally congrats on your new job! I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best translation I ever read out there... Thank you very much translator ~ your growth seriously inspirational to me in so many ways!! I guess it's true that good things will never comes for those who just wait around... Your end note really motivated me to work hard in something that I love!!!! Not in translating sense but as an digital artist, sometimes improving and getting audiences is very hard and exhausting... But I know that it would be meaningless if I stop now OwO ~ Thank you for translating this wonderful novel and thank you for giving me such an inspiration!!! Ps: sorry for my broken English hshhshs.. Have a nice day ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate that. Good luck with your art! 😊

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finishing the novel! And also for accomplishing your goal :)
    You've done really well, dear translator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this novel from start to finish and now it's over ;-; I also love all the notes you give of the food and your progress.
    Thank you for bringing us these quality translations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading this novel for a while now and it feels so weird that it's completed. Thank you for your hard work and all the best in life~

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAA we're finally done!!! Congratulations!! Thank you so so much for translating this novel! The translation is so good and I really love this novel that I want to reread again for the 3rd time ������. The novel has some plot holes but I still like it?????? I'm gonna miss this tbh ������. Congratulations also for accomplishing your goal! I hope that I'll be able to learn Chinese too in the future, how beautiful it is to learn another language and be able to read and watch Chinese series that easily. Till next time! (´ ▽`).。o♡������

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for translating this novel ❤. It was bitter sweet to read and I really loved it. Thanks for sharing this amazing novel with us. I hope your studies will go well dear translator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for finishing the novel. Thanks for the chapter and for translating the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you and congrats on finishing the novel~~ I'm definitely thinking of trying my hands on translating Chinese but idk how accurate mtl is and I only know basic stuff like greetings and food names XD but I did try it with Japanese (manga and novel) and I honestly found that TL-ing manga is more difficult but you get to learn more vocabulary + know how to write the kanji, so it's a pros-cons situation. Also, you've reignited my spirit to learn with that ending note of yours, so double thankies uwu

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on finishing the novel and thank you sm for translating it for us, it was absolutely wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing thank you for translating this awesome novel I really enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your great thank you for translating

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was so beautiful! Thank you for your hardwork in translating this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh its finally done!!


    First of all, thank you for your hard work in translating this. It's like while reading this, I've also seen you grow and improve while you learn new words and widen your vocabulary, Its a very nice feeling.


    As for the novel, I'm happy but not much satisfied because it's short!!! XD idk but feels like its Long-Qi Laoshi's shortest novel.

    thank you for working hard and sharing this wonderful story with us. You translated this very well and had so much fun reading. It's awesome. Jiayou for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I finished it! Thank you thank you for translating this wonderful novel. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for your hardwork translating this wonderful story. I wish i can learn to read Chinese too so i can read all the novel without waiting. But my brain really cannot stuff in. ( my academic as always not good) But i am grateful that there’s people like you ,which is godsend ,help to translate all these wonderful story. Thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for all your hard work! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•γƒΎ(*’οΌ―’*)/♡(> ਊ <)♡

    ReplyDelete
  20. It finished so unexpectedly fast T.T it was so good
    Indeed a very sweet sugary heartwarming novel!
    Thanks translator!!♡♡

    Some of my thoughts: I believe Fan Shen is actually submissive and Xiao He dominant although he is passive, cause one likes to do as it is ordered and the other likes to order. Yall saw how he would submissively listen to wathever speed and intensity Xiao He wanted.

    Fan Shen also gets turned on by NTR, i know it

    Oh i like how Fan Shen and Xiao He equally loved each other. Usually i wouldn't be able to feel like the gong and shou were equally in love. However, in this novel both did lots of sacrifices and both had shown they were selfless and willing for their love. That's why i loved the last words, the way Xiao He also loved him so much.

    The super power thing was very unexpected, but it was more unexpected that it was pretty smooth! Im quite satisfied with this ending i must say!! Great job author! Nice and sweet
    Very interesting worlds. Honestly i was expecting something different from the description, but undoubtedly i ended up full and very happy!

    Thank you so much for the translation!!♡♡
    Very good translation, with no bothers in reading.
    (I also thought of translating so that i could read more chinese novels, it is in my goals!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for share with us this wonderful story ! The traduction is one of the best i ever read s thanks for all your hardwork.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such amazing work, thank you so so so much translator!!! I loved every single one of your afternotes and the pictures of your notebook really nailed a hammer in my heart I can't imagine the amount of work you must have put into this project, I'm so proud of you and I'm so so grateful for all your hard work. I'll be graduating soon, I'm going to keep this page bookmarked till I get a job so I can send u the kofis that you deserve πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful journey this had taken me. I'm very happy that it ended well! Thank you for translating this story. I really like it<3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing story!!!enjoyed it(⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠)!!! this was quite a lot also Abit sad(⁠ ⁠ꈨຶ⁠ ⁠˙̫̮⁠ ⁠ꈨຶ⁠ ⁠)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the fantastic translation!
    This story had all the dogblood drama I could want and yet still all the sweetness I could have asked for.
    Not what I expected at the start but a great read nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment